Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nehalem Steelhead, Elk and Bobcat

This past week, I went up and fished a tributary of the Nehalem.   The cold frosty morning brought the elk herds down from the hills.  One herd of elk were in a farmer's field near Elsie, OR.


I saw mostly cows in this group.   I continued on til I found my destination.



The main river was blown out, but the tributaries were quite the exception!  They were running gin-clear.    



Once I hit the river,  the first cast brought a beautiful native steelhead.



I took a quick video and let him swim another day.    Driving along the creek, a giant bald eagle flew up in the tree right next to the road.


It was munching on a dead fish down below. 

As I was driving down the forest road, I saw something run across the road.  I realized it was a bobcat, so I quickly grabbed my video camera and got a little footage..



Those things are 'stealthy'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment